"The Loetz company was founded in 1836 by Johann Baptist Eisner and was one of the leading glassworks in Bohemia (Czech Republic), belonging to the Austro-Hungarian Empire until 1918.
Susanna Loetz, the widow of the entrepreneur Johann Loetz, took over the factory until 1852. The company was renamed "Glasfabrik Johann Loetz Witwe," a name that remained until all activities ceased in 1947.
In 1879, it passed into the hands of Max Ritter von Spaun. Under his guidance, along with the director Eduard Prochaska.
The technique "Marmoriertes Glass" ("marbled glass") became their specialty. This was a type of glass that simulated semi-precious stones.
Loetz actively participated in and was acclaimed at the major World Expositions in Brussels, Munich, Vienna, and the Universal Exposition in Paris.
Their pieces can be seen in several museums:
PASK Museum (Pavilon Sklo Klatovy) in the Czech Republic.